At the Settlement Centre Waikato, keeping our community and staff safe is our priority.
Here are the things we are doing to ensure the continued health and wellbeing of all those who come into the centre.
- We are following the government social distancing guidelines at the Centre and you will see signage throughout the building to remind people to keep a safe distance from each other. We will also manage the number of people within the centre at all times, in line with government guidelines.
- We have placed hand sanitiser stations throughout the centre. We will encourage everyone to use these stations every time they come into the centre.
- We have a regular and thorough cleaning programme in place, with particular focus on high use areas and frequently touched surfaces.
- We have reduced the amount of seating available in our reception area and community rooms to maintain social distancing measures.
- Our dedicated cleaning team will ensure tables are sanitised first thing in the morning and throughout the day as possible. We request that every venue user sanitise tables after the use of the rooms. Sanitisers and wipes will be located in each room.
- Tables will be sanitised and cleaned between each use by each venue users.
- Toilet areas will feature signage to remind you on correct handwashing techniques.
- The centre will be treated with a sanitising spray that is designed to kill 99.99% of germs and keep critical surfaces and touchpoints hygienic for longer. It is designed to protect against bacteria, viruses, mould, fungi and other microorganisms by forming an antimicrobial coating that bonds to surfaces. It does not use alcohol or dangerous chemicals and has food safety approval in New Zealand and Australia. This treatment will be applied every 3 months.
If you are feeling unwell or have any COVID-19 or flu-like symptoms we ask you to please stay home. If you are unwell you will not be able to access services at the centre face to face.
We will continue to follow Ministry of Health guidelines and we encourage you to contact the Ministry of Health’s Healthline 0800 358 5453 for COVID-19 further advice and information.